Saturday, September 15, 2007

Waylon's Third Doctor Visit


So picture this in your head... Waybay and dad going to the doctor. Dad forgets diaper bag. Dad isn't the best diaper changing technician in the developed world. What do you think happens?


I don't have to get into the details here...but suffice it to say I looked like the worst dad in the world. The nurses at the doctor's office were VERY understanding...and helpful. I'm sure they deal with idiots like me all the time.


ANYWAY...his third doctor's visit went fine. The good news: he is still a healthy baby. He is 10 lbs 8 oz and taller than he was when he was born (I don't have the "Stats" in front of me at the moment.) The doctor was very reassuring. ( I think it's a class they take...Reassurance 101)


The bad news: It was time for his first shots. And it was so sad too. He was a happy little bugger enjoying the scenery one moment. He was smiling and looking up at the "shot lady" and then she stuck him. Oh My God.


The look of betrayal was classic. His face flushed red and he just stared at her for what seemed like hours...then all hell broke lose. He screamed and cried and it was a real heart breaker. In his defense (I don't want to make him sound like a little baby or anything) these needles where gargantuan. I could have borrowed one of these needles, stuck a marsh mellow on it and made smores at a campfire and not singe a single hair on my arm. They were that big.


And there were 3 or 4 shots to be had. He was not a happy camper to finish my camping analogy from above. But they say it's good for him in the long run...and I'll try to explain that to him one day if he remembers the pain and asks me about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess! I love getting your texts telling me that there is an update! He is getting so big. I can't believe it has been 3 months already. He is such a handsome little man! You must be so proud. Well, keep in touch and keep posting things. Talk to you soon! Love ya!

Sheri

Mouwoohze said...

Poor Waylan! Or should I saw poor Dave! That must have been terrible to see your son through that! Shoot ... I hate it when Lars gets a thermometer up his ... well ... you can figure that out! :)

Anonymous said...

Good words.